This school breakfast pizza recipe is very simple and an excellent option to give your kids a filling school breakfast. And not only kids, but adults like me who love to indulge in delicious pizzas will also love it. I mean, who doesn’t love pizza for breakfast?
I suggest you make at least two or three since everyone in your household is going to like it, and one will not be enough! This flaky dough pizza with flavourful toppings will make your kids ask for more. It may remind you of the middle school pizza days. However, this recipe is way better than breakfast pizza from the school cafeteria, as it provides folic acid and vitamins.
It may not be as delicious as a caramelized onion pizza, but it can definitely be a tasty meal full of vitamins. Moreover, you are allowed to get creative with this school’s breakfast pizza recipe, add your favorite toppings, or make it gluten-free. The choice is all yours. So, now stop wondering how to make school breakfast pizza – and follow the recipe mentioned below.
Ingredients you’ll need
The best part of this recipe is its simplicity. It gets ready very quickly and requires only a few ingredients that are full of nutrients – good for the growth of kids. For this recipe, I have used very minimal ingredients, including –
- Pizza dough
- Country gravy mix
- Shredded mozzarella
- Ground pork sausage
Any pizza dough of your liking can be used for this recipe. Also, if you have some extra time or want to make it more healthy, you can always use homemade dough. However, it is completely optional. Rather than using the traditional pizza sauce, I have used country gravy mix, which will provide this breakfast recipe with an enhanced breakfast taste and feel.
Adding the sausage will make a delicious sausage gravy for the pizza. Cheddar cheese, bell peppers, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning can be added as well. Moreover, in case you don’t like sausage, you can alternate it with ground beef or just don’t add any meat at all.
Steps you’ll have to follow
You can easily make this school breakfast pizza recipe by carefully following all the steps that are mentioned down below –
- Set the temperature of your oven to 400 degrees, and let it preheat.
- Freehandedly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Evenly spread the pizza dough you have prepared to all the edges of the baking dish using your greased hands. Put it in the oven and bake for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the gravy mix that you are going to use, in a saucepan.
- After five minutes, take the pizza dough out of the oven, spread the gravy mix on the par-baked pizza dough, and add ⅔ of the shredded mozzarella cheese as well.
- Now add the ground sausages, and top it with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Once everything is added, it’s time to put the pizza in the oven again. The temperature will be 400 degrees and it will be baked for 12 minutes or until it gets golden.
- Lastly, take it out of the oven, cut slices, and enjoy it hot.
Can this recipe be gluten-free?
Yes, of course! Sometimes I like to use gluten-free pizza dough to make this breakfast pizza school recipe, and no one can tell that it is gluten-free until I tell them. Moreover, because some gravies contain gluten for thickening the gravy, you will have to find a gluten-free gravy to use in the pizza.
You can find gluten-free gravy mixes at your local grocery store, as the majority of the brands are now producing gluten-free options. If you are looking for tasty, quick, and gluten-free pizza options, you should definitely give the air fryer tortilla pizza recipe a try.
Few steps to easily store the leftover pizza
If you are thinking of making a large batch of this school breakfast pizza recipe for a few days, or have some leftovers, you will have to store the pizza properly to make sure it doesn’t get rotten.
So, here is how you can properly store a school breakfast pizza –
- Let the pizza cool down completely.
- Take a freezer bag and put the pizza in it. Ensure that the bag acquires an airtight seal.
- Properly close the bag and put it in the fridge.
Some other ways to store it are –
- Lining an airtight container with paper towels, put the pizza on it, cover with another layer of paper towels, close the lid, then put it in the fridge.
- Tightly wrap the pizza using plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then put it in the fridge.
The stored pizza should be eaten within the next 2 to 4 days. Just take it out of the fridge and reheat using an oven or air fryer.
- The Naan bread pizza recipe is known to be one of the quickest pizza recipes. If you are in a hurry, you can just use store-bought naan bread and use it as the base of your school breakfast pizza. It will allow you to save the time of baking your pizza base.
- Add whatever topping you like to personalize your pizza and change the flavor whenever you feel like it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How much temp is required to make this recipe testier?
Ans. After preheating the oven to 400 degrees, bake only the pizza dough for 5 mins first and then bake it again after adding the sauce and toppings for 12 to 15 mins at 400 degrees temp will be enough to make this recipe testier.
Q2. How much time will it take to get this recipe ready?
Ans. This school breakfast pizza recipe will take a total of 20 to 25 minutes to get ready completely.