You can eat pizza after wisdom teeth removal if you wait for two weeks. If the surgery is the tooth extraction of the lower wisdom teeth, doctors suggest not to eat crunchy food.
Wisdom teeth removal is a popular dental surgery. It offers correction of the improper tooth growth that grows in the hind region.
It is advised to eat soft bread like burgers but not immediately after the surgery but in 5-6 days after the removal of the tooth.
Have you undergone wisdom teeth surgery or any kind of tooth extraction surgery recently? And you are a pizza lover? Then this post is rightly scripted for you.
If you plan to eat pizza immediately the day after wisdom teeth removal, it might cause you to bleed.
Also Read: How Long Can Pizza Last In The Fridge
It causes sensitivity in the teeth and in the gums. Thus the doctors advise you not to eat for a week or so to avoid any kind of tooth related problems and abide by certain limitations.
When Can I Eat Pizza After Tooth Removal?
There are certain factors that need to be covered before you decide to eat pizza after tooth removal. They are as follows:
- Number of teeth extracted: If the number of teeth extracted is less or just one, you will have less pain in eating pizza.
- Intensity of the stitches: If your stitches are dissolvable, the dental specialists recommend eating hard food items after two weeks and afterwards.
- Kinds of teeth extraction: Lower wisdom teeth removal requires care and a longer healing time. The reason behind this is that the debris is likely to form the lower wisdom teeth than the upper tooth.
- Phase of healing: For any kind of tooth extraction, 24 hours is a minimum time. If this time is not maintained, blood coagulating period will extend that the usual one. It is a fragile stage of tooth extraction.
- Eating liquid and cold food than hard food crumbs: It is better to eat liquid food items than hard ones. Solid food may lead to bleeding profusely from the injured place. Doctors recommend drinking water on the first day and snacks for about a week after avoiding the dissolving the clot.
- Wait for 7 to 8 weeks after tooth removal surgery: It is best to wait for 7 to 8 weeks after the tooth removal surgery and then eat solid food items, or else you might end up with uneven pain and gum issues with constant bleeding.
When you look at your face after wisdom teeth removal surgery, you get to experience swollen mouth and cheeks.
The skin is bruised for up to 2 weeks and it wears off 7 to 10 days.
Why Do I Have To Wait Before Eating Pizza?
Pizza that is in the freezer in the refrigerator may stay for 2 hours, it is safe to eat. Eating pizza leftovers at room temperature may cause fatal results.
So, it is best not to eat it when kept at room temperature.
Suppose you eat mac and cheese after wisdom teeth removal is safe and perfect for recovery. It is best if you eat it in the first couple of days after the oral surgery.
How Does Eating Pizza Cause A Dislodged Clot?
Suppose while eating pizza after tooth removal, the drawing action of sucking in forcibly may split and can dislodge the clotting of the blood.
Sneezing and coughing can also lead to the dislodging of the blood clot. If you stress the injured tooth and gum, the bleeding will continue.
Crunchy food items may displace the clots of blood. And, sticky foods can pull in protective clots right out of the socket.
Using peroxide after tooth extraction will help in flushing out the particles of the food along with the debris that may lodge in the operated area.
Guide On: How Many Slices In A Medium Sized Pizza
Can I Eat Pizza If My Tooth Hole Was Closed?
Yes, you can eat pizza after 2 weeks once the tooth hole is closed. Instead of increasing the surgery for which one can afford multiple dollars, it is best to wait for some time and then eat foods that are hard in texture.
Eating Pizza In First Week After Wisdom Teeth Removal
If the pizza is freshly cooked and the bread is soft, it is best to eat the same in 6 to 7 days after the tooth removal surgery. It is softer and also hurts less compared to the other food items with a hard base.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. When can I eat a burger after tooth extraction?
Ans1. Meat is a chewy food particle. If after tooth extraction, you eat a burger, it might hurt your gums and make your tooth roots bleed. It is best not to eat meat for 24 hours.
Q2. When can I stop worrying about dry sockets?
Ans2. Until the tooth gum is not fully healed it is best not to do any hard toil.
Dry socket occurs when the blood clot that holds socket after the extraction. If the region is healed, there is no longer the risk that exists any longer.
Q3. How do you know when a blood clot falls out?
Ans3. Total loss of the blood clot at the tooth extraction site, one may notice empty-looking dry socket.
Pain remains if the socket is disturbed. Bad breath or foul smell spreads from the mouth.
How Many Slices In A Medium Sized Pizza
How many slices in a large pizza
Does Pineapple Belong on Pizza