Brooklyn-style pizzas are typically cut into six slices. In contrast to the other thick-dough pizzas, like the New York, are cut into 8 or 16 triangular pieces. Furthermore, Brooklyn-style pizzas are cut into squares. This is due to the thin crust, which is more prone to breaking.
If you are looking about what is a Brooklyn style pizza? This content will be your ultimate guide.
Where Did The Brooklyn Style Of Pizza Originate From?
Everything in this world has an origin and Brooklyn style pizza is not any exception. It originated in the New York. The original pizza came from Naples.
The term “Brooklyn style pizza” was coined by the Domino’s Pizza Company. It was back in the year 2006 when Brooklyn style pizza crust came into existence. It had thinner crust than other pizzas. Cornmeal is cooked into the crust to make it crispier.
Domino’s also said that they would be offering “extra-large Brooklyn-style sausage or pepperoni. Some say that Brooklyn style pizza was started in the year 1905 and Gennaro Lombardi was the brain behind it. The original Pizzerias used coal-fired ovens with cheese in the bottom and sauce on the top.
A Typical Brooklyn Pizza
Brooklyn style pizza is a New York style pizza that features hand-tossed basic form of dough topped lightly. Brooklyn pizza is closely related to the parent Italian pizza. It is a perfect treat to any hungry belly.
Now the question is what is Brooklyn style pizza crust? This crust is made up of high gluten bread. The crust is the unique thing that makes up the pizza. Some people believe the secret taste of the crust lies in the water. It gives your pizza crust a crunchy taste.
- It consists of high-quantity of toppings, cheese making it a high-fat content food.
- The crust is made out of dough that is usually hand-stretched to a particular size
The cheese and tomato sauce are the most important aspects of the pizza, as with most pies. While most pizzerias have toppings available, you should be able to pick and choose what you want for a delicious personalized pizza. However, the remaining ingredients on a Brooklyn-style pizza are usually up to you!
How Brooklyn-Style Pizzas Are Made Up Of?
There are several components that go great with the Brooklyn style pizza. But what are included in the Brooklyn style pizza that gives it a relishing taste.
Here are some of the important steps.
From the oven to your table, there are several components and methods involved before your crispy round pack of pizza is achieved. It is lighter and soothing than the other pizzas.
Can You Put A Pizza Box In The Oven? (No, But Why?)
How Big Is A 12-Inch Pizza?
The dough of the pizza is one of the primary part. The brooklyn-style pizza is not gummy and fluffier like the hand-tossed one. Here in this context what comes to mind is a foldable Brooklyn style pizza. This crust is stretched thinner than that of a standard Domino’s pizza. In this the slices are so big that you can fold them.
- With a small dough you can make a large Brooklyn pizza size
- With a large dough bakers can make an extra-large size
The baked dough produces a thin and crispy mouth-watering effect which is made possible by the liberal dusting of cornmeal on the bottom of the crust.
The toppings varies from person to person. It is significant and adds taste to the pizza. The main item for toppings is the cheese. In a Brooklyn pizza, one uses a half of the mozzarella blend and a half provolone. The Provolone is slightly more than the mozzarella.
For a regular classic flavor of the pizza, pizza lovers recommend these as toppings-
- Olive, green peppers, garlic, pepperoni, onions,
- mushrooms, meatballs, sausages, and basil leaves
What pizza lovers don’t like in the Brooklyn style pizza?
- Pineapple, Duck Sausage, Kale
- Goat Cheese, Hotdogs, Plain Meat, and Pop Candies
The percentage ratio is 55:45. It is not as cheesy as the Hand-tossed pizza, which has 90 percent more cheese than mozzarella. That is a great news for the pizza lovers. It is extremely cheesy.
How Should Brooklyn Style Pizza Be Served?
The specialty of this kind of pizza is in the crust. It distinguishes it from others. The texture is crispier and airier. The typical thick, sticky crust makes people accustomed to. Brooklyn Style pizza is the ultimate flavor fiesta.
- Brooklyn style pizzas are cut into squares and not in triangles. It is because of the thin crust which can break more easily.
- The way the Brooklyn style pizza is cut is one of the most unusual aspects that people notice. They are cut in squares.
- If a Brooklyn pizza is cut like a regular pizza, its structural integrity would be compromised. Because the pizza is so thin, the square shape keeps it from disintegrating.
- Most Brooklyn pizzas are now cut like a regular triangular pizza, which most people are familiar with.
- The cover of the pizza delivery boxes help to steam the pizza. It results in a reduced crustiness. It helps in decreasing the crustiness. It in turn can cause the Brooklyn Style pizzas go soggy and floppy. And sometimes it makes them pretty hard to eat.
- Unlike other thick-dough pizza joints like New York’s, their pizzas are cut into 8 or 16 triangles at the discretion of the owners. A typical Brooklyn pizza is divided into squares.
How Should It Be Eaten?
Some prefer eating detroit-style pizza with a thick crust all made crispy and chewy and crispy. It is created through the perfect balance of water and flour. It keeps the pizza dough hydrated. You can make it at home.
Eating pizza with a knife and a fork is a weird thing to inculcate.
- Folding size pizza are made so that they fit into the mouth easily & it also ensures mixing of toppings properly
- Pizzas are all cut into pieces, therefore you can easily eat it through its slices
The delicious pizzas are handcrafted with all sorts of natural freshness of vegetables. It gives high quality ingredients nothing pre-made or processed in Italy. The most common way to consume a Brooklyn-style pizza is folded. It is polite to eat the pizza folded in half.
Folding the pizza, you can get all the flavors in one bite.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is special about Brooklyn pizza?
Ans1. The crust of the Brooklyn pizza is crisper and airier in texture than the other kind of pizzas.
Q2. What is the difference between Brooklyn style and hand tossed?
Ans2. Size and crunchiness makes all the difference. Brooklyn style pizza is thinner and crunchier, whereas the hand tossed pizza is thicker.
Q3. What is Denver style pizza?
Ans3. Colorado-style pizza is Denver’s specialty. The crust of a Colorado mountain pie is also unique in that it is made with honey instead of sugar.
Q4. Where did honey on pizza start?
Ans4. The hot honey boom can be traced back to a guy named Mike Kurtz back in 2003. He was a pizza-loving college student, studying abroad in Brazil.
How Big Is a 12 Inch Pizza?
How to Stretch Pizza Dough
How Many Slices in A 16 Inch Pizza
6 Reasons Why Your Bottom of Pizza Not Cooking
Why Is My Oven Smoking
How to Season a Pizza Stone
Can You Put Pizza Box in Oven
How to Keep Pizza Warm in Oven
How Many Slices Is a 10 Inch Pizza