Make pizza at home with store-bought dough and get amazing results! I have taught you how to make homemade dough, and you can use that recipe for your pizzas, but sometimes you just don’t have the time or the ingredients to make your dough from scratch.
Today I will show you how to make a perfect pizza at home with store-bought dough (or even frozen).
This trick has been in my family for decades, and it’s always been a big hit when we serve it to guests.
How To Cook?
Pizza is a portion of great comfort food that is easy to make and even easier to eat.
But sometimes, you don’t have the time or energy to make your dough. That’s where the store-bought dough comes in! Here’s how to make the perfect pizza using store-bought dough.
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly flour a clean work surface for rolling out dough.
Roll out one package of store-bought dough into a 12-inch round on top of the floury surface until it becomes about 1/4 inch thick.
Then use a round cookie cutter (or something similar) to cut out as many circles as possible from the rolled-out crust.
Transfer these circles onto an ungreased baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap while preparing toppings if desired (to prevent drying).
2) Sprinkle cheese over rounds. You can also add other toppings like pepperoni, sausage, ham, or vegetables of choice–be sure not to overload the crusts so they don’t get soggy!
3) Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven before adding sauce and any additional toppings. You may want to bake each topping separately so flavours aren’t mixed prematurely–it can be hard to tell what flavour came from what topping when mixed too early!
For example, you might bake pepperoni after cooking the sauce, then add some sliced onions during the last few minutes. Baking veggies beforehand will give them a crispy exterior and soft interior.
After 10 minutes, remove pizzas from the oven and let cool slightly before serving with a side salad or garlic breadsticks. Enjoy!
Also Read: Tips To Reheat Pizza In Toaster Oven
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the dough packaging.
- Meanwhile, prepare your toppings.
- Once the oven is preheated, lightly grease a baking sheet or pizza pan with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet or pan, and stretch it to your desired thickness.
- Spread on your sauce, then top with cheese and other toppings as desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice and serve!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet or coat it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll dough on a lightly floured board and shape it into a 12-inch circle—spread pizza sauce over the dough.
- Sprinkle it with mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
How To Make Pizza With Store-Bought Dough
One of the best things about store-bought pizza dough is its versatility. You can use it to make different pizzas, from traditional to unique.
And the best part is that it’s really easy to do. Here’s how Making pizza at home is easy, especially when you start with store-bought dough. Here’s how to do it
- First, preheat your oven and prepare a baking sheet or pan by lining it with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Then, divide your dough into two halves or thirds (depending on what size pizza you want). Shape each half into a ball and cover with plastic wrap for 30 minutes to an hour before using them (this makes them easier to roll out).
- Remove one ball of dough from the refrigerator and place it on a well-floured surface. Roll out until it’s circular and place it on the prepared baking sheet/pan.
- Next, brush some olive oil over the crust (to prevent sticking), then add your sauce – we recommend a basic tomato sauce but feel free to get creative! Add toppings like cheese, pepperoni, bell peppers and olives.
Now it’s time to slide the pizza into the oven! Bake for 10-12 minutes, checking every 2-3 minutes to see if it needs more time to reach the desired doneness. Slice and enjoy hot or cold with friends & family!
Guide On: Grain Craft Pizza Dough Recipe
Homemade Pizza 101
Are you in the mood for pizza but don’t want to go through the hassle of making dough from scratch?
No problem! You can easily buy premade dough at your local grocery store. Here’s a step-by-step guide to making perfect pizza at home using store-bought dough.
- Begin by preparing all your toppings so they are ready to go when it comes time to put them on the dough.
- Next, take one package of premade dough and set it on a flat surface.
- Spread your desired sauce onto the surface, then sprinkle some cheese. Then add any other toppings (such as olives or pepperoni).
- Fold up one side of the dough over the filling, then fold the other side, so everything is sealed inside.
- Transfer it to an oiled baking sheet and brush with more olive oil.
- Bake until golden brown on top, about 20 minutes or so, depending on how large you made it!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you use grocery store pizza dough?
You can do a few things to ensure your store-bought pizza dough turns out perfectly. First, let the dough come to room temperature before you start working with it.
This will make it more pliable and easier to work with. Next, flour your surface well before you begin rolling out the dough.
This will prevent it from sticking and make it easier to work with. Once you’ve rolled out the dough, transfer it to a baking sheet and preheat your oven.
2. What temperature do you cook premade pizza dough at?
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Roll dough onto a lightly floured board and place on a greased baking sheet.
Spread with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and your favourite toppings. Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Slice and serve.
3. How do you make premade pizza crust crispy?
Many people think making pizza at home is hard, but it doesn’t have to be! Using store-bought dough is a great way to get a head start on your pizza night.
But how do you make sure that your crust comes out crispy? Here are a few tips for using store-bought dough and getting the perfect crust every time:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F for 15 minutes before putting the pizza in.
- Stretch out the dough to create an even thickness, then put it on a pan or stone preheated in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add toppings and cheese after the 10-minute cooking time has passed.
- Turn off the oven when finished cooking (or leave it on low).
Read More: What Is New York Giant Pizza?