Allow an Ooni pizza stone to cool completely before cleaning it. Then scrape the stone with a moist towel to remove any remaining food particles. After cleaning the pizza stone with a moist towel, allow it to dry for several hours before storing it.
Learn About How To Clean An Ooni Pizza Stone
Before getting into the minute details of cleaning an ooni pizza stone, take a look into the tools used for this process, such as:
- Blunt table knife
- Metal and plastic spatula
- Dough scraper
- Pizza Stone Brush
- Scouring pads
You might not need all of these for every cleaning session, but having them on hand is a smart idea. The blunt knife, for example, is only used when you have scorched food stuck on your skin that you can’t get off any other way.
What Is The Best Way To Clean A Burnt Pizza Stone?
- Burnt cheese on pizza stone is the worst thing you can do to it. In fact, it has the potential to shatter your pizza stone, so try to prevent this as much as possible.
- Use a sponge and soapy water to clean the scorched stone after it has cooled. By doing this, you should be able to clean the pizza stone rather effectively.
- However, the easiest approach to retrieve the rest is to clean the stone once it has reached room temperature. Scrape any burned fragments from the hot stone with the pointed edge of the metal peel.
- If you don’t have a metal peel, a metal spatula or anything similar would suffice. You only have to be careful not to break the stone by pressing down too hard!
- To Ooni Clean Pizza Stone as thoroughly as possible, use a moist towel attached to the peel. If there are still any loose charred bits on the stone at this point, continue the procedure with the sharp edge of the peel/spatula.
- If there are any charred portions on the stone, it’s a good idea to flip it over and roast on the other side. With the intense heat of the oven, the underside will clean itself over time.
What Is The Procedure Of Cleaning Pizza Stones?
- Allow the pizza stone to cool after each usage. This may take several hours, and the heat may be contained deep inside, so be cautious while picking it up.
- If necessary, run a very little trickle of water over the stone’s surface. You’ll want to use as little water as possible while cleaning, although a splash of hot water on top may be essential, especially if the food is extremely latched on.
- Scrub any food particles away with the stone brush in a circular motion. Make certain you’re comprehensive. Wipe with a moist towel to finish.
- Allow the stone to air dry. Again, this may take many hours, but the stone must be completely dry before being stored. Paper towels can help speed up the process significantly.
- Keep the stone safe. It’s preferable to keep it in the oven itself to avoid splitting.
Is There A Need To Oil A Pizza Stone?
A pizza stone, unlike cast iron cookware, does not require seasoning before use. On the contrary, you should never put oil on your pizza stone since the pores will absorb the fat and the pizza will not cook properly.
1. Should I Oil My Ooni Pizza Stone?
Do You Oil a Pizza Stone? Your pizza stone should not be oiled! The addition of oil to the stone might result in smoke and a foul odor! It can be worse if you are using oil on your pizza stone which may cause it to break when it comes to temperature. You don’t need to do anything special to a pizza stone since it will organically season itself while you make pizza.
2. Can You Leave A Pizza Stone In The Oven All The Time?
The crucial point is that the stone is progressively heated and cooled as the oven warms and cools. Any rapid temperature fluctuations might cause cracking due to expansion and contraction. As a result, leaving your stone in the oven is often suggested.
3. Can The Ooni Get Wet?
Even in inclement weather, Ooni pizza ovens are safe and functional. You may clean the stone with a sponge and soapy water when cleaning out your pizza oven. Remember to clean both sides and to wash away as much soap as possible. A thorough scrape will do the trick!
If you’re using solid fuels, keeping your Ooni pizza oven clean is crucial. Removing soot from your pizza oven will enhance the flavor of your pizzas as well as the efficiency and consistency of your oven