The air fryer tortilla pizza recipe is delicious and incredibly easy to make! A classic cheese air fryer tortilla pizza can be made within 5-12 minutes with the combo of just three ingredients. You can make whatever kind of tortilla pizza air fryer you want!
Now let us check the 3 ingredients that are required to prepare a pizza.
- Flour tortilla
- Tomato sauce
- Shredded cheese
And, the rest of the ingredients depend on the cook who is cooking the pizza. Basically pizza on tortilla tastes crunchy and is easy to make.
It takes less time. The only thing is that the air fryer needs to be preheated to a good temperature of at least 350-400 degrees.
It is the toppings that make the pizza more tasty and perfect. Starting from the different kinds of cheeses to the variety of veggies everything together makes it a very tasty meal.
There should be serious contenders that can make the tortilla pizza more delicious.
Another kind of pizza that needs special mention here is the corn tortilla pizza. The toppings used with this pizza are freshly chopped and baked so that the leftover pizza when heated up must not get soggy.
The addition of corn on the pizza along with veggies and cheese (mozzarella/grated) makes the pizza a great and a tasty meal altogether.
Cooking flour used in making the tortillas in the air fryer to make a crispy pizza shell is fast, easy, and delicious.
Also Read: How Long To Cook Digiorno Pizza
Tortillas are a simple pantry item that can be turned into pizzas for a quick snack or meal!
There are so many different possibilities, from corn tortillas to flour tortillas, especially with so many different topping options.
Aluminum reacts with acidic foods, so avoid using foil when air frying tomatoes, peppers, or citrus.
These air fryer tortilla pizzas are a hit with the kids! The crispy tortilla shell is an excellent foundation for quick and easy pizzas. Making of the crunchiest
air fryer pizza tortilla is considered to be revolutionary!
Using parchment paper or a bare basket instead of foil is preferable because it will not interfere with cooking. Aluminum foil should only be used in the basket of an air fryer.
Various Addition Of Toppings For Air Fryer Pizza
- Colby Jack
- Pepper jack
Meats that are used-
- Italian sausage
Veggies To be used-
- Bell peppers
- Red onions
- Tomato slices
Seasonings Used In The Pizza-
- Italian seasoning
- Roasted garlic
- Fresh basil
- Crushed red pepper
- 1 flour tortilla (6-8-inch size)
- 45 ml pizza sauce with 2-4 tbsp of salsa
- 30 ml Tbsp of shredded cheese
- salt for taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Sausage (cooked)
- Shredded chunks of Bacon
- Chopped onion (red)
- Beans (black)
- sliced Tomatoes
- Chopped Mushrooms
Other Sauce Options
- BBQ Sauce
- White Sauce
Guide On: Can You Eat Pizza Left Out Overnight
Tips Applied For Baking Tortilla Pizza (Air Fryer)
- Although either flour or corn tortillas will work, we prefer the texture of the flour tortillas for the air fryer pizzas
- If using corn tortillas, lightly spray them with oil to help them crisp up
- Make sure the size does not exceed the capacity of your air fryer basket/tray.
- Depending on how light the toppings are and how powerful your air fryer fan is, toppings may fly off the pizzas
- While air frying the pizzas, use an air fryer rack to keep the toppings from flying off
What To Serve With Tortilla Pizza
- It is totally on the cool how he or she wants to prepare the dough and make it ready
- It takes 5-8 minutes to get ready
- Use a crust of tortilla pizza crust
- Use any toppings on top of the pizza
- It is a great recipe for using bits and bobs of ingredients that you have on hand to avoid wasting food
Topping Ideas: What Goes Best?
- Red pizza sauce, white Alfredo sauce, bbq sauce, pesto, or any sauce of your choice
- Options for shredded cheese include mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan, Mexican blend, and pepper jack
- Toppings for meat include pepperoni, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, cooked diced ham, and cooked leftover or roast chicken pieces in shredded form
- Toppings for vegetables include sliced mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, pineapple, chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil, and fresh basil
- Taco Tortilla Pizza is one of the most popular taco pizza toppings. Make a salsa base, then top with black beans, diced green chiles, and cheese. The pizza tortilla roll ups with taco toppings are one of the best in town.
- It is quick: A flour tortilla will be used as the base, it will cook faster than dough. There will be no more waiting for pizza dough to rise!
- It is simple: This recipe only requires 6 ingredients and 5 steps.
- It is inexpensive: These pizzas are significantly less expensive than ordering takeout.
- Tacos Toppings: If you are anything like me, you probably already have a huge bag of tortillas from Costco on hand because my family is obsessed with tacos.
- Customizable pizza toppings: Making these tortilla pizzas is a lot of fun. They are easily customizable, and the entire family, including toddlers, will enjoy them!
- It is crunchy: The best thin and crispy pizza is made in an air fryer!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I put my pizza in the air fryer?
Ans1. Preheat the air fryer to about 370 degrees F. Now you can cook the frozen pizza for 8-10 minutes.
You can use the cheese melts and then eat the crust that turns crispy. Now it is best to leave out the step of baking the crust.
Q2. Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
Ans2. Yes it is best to foil the aluminum on the air fryer. It takes about 2-3 minutes until the tortilla is quick and easy and satisfying as regular pizza.
It takes a temperature of 360’F to 182’C. It takes just 5-7 minutes.
Q3. Can you put parchment paper in an air fryer?
Ans3. The parchment paper is used to withstand the excess temperature (450’ F). Pizza is safe in the parchment paper.
It creates a liner effectively. Keep the paper weighed down and away from the heating element and avoid hazards.